Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Visions of Sugar Plums


Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich satisfies two challenges. It is a Christmas book so it is my second for the 2012 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge.  It is also a Crime/Mystery book which is my favorite genre of the 2012 Eclectic Reader Challenge.

Stephanie Plum brings fugitives to justice for a living.  It is Christmsa time and she has not done any shopping or purchased a tree.  She finds a stranger named Diesel in her apartment and he does not tell her why he is there until near the end of the book.  Stephanie is looking for a toy maker named Sandy Claws and it turns out Diesel is looking for a man who is also looking for Sandy.  This Mr. Ring is very "electric" and winds up at Stephanie's parent's house as a guest of her grandmother.  Everythign turns out ok in the end as this is a Christmas story.  Mr. Claws even makes a special horse for Stephanie's niece, Mary Alice.

I seem to read the Stephanie Plum novels which do not have numbers in the title.  I guess I should read the other books some day.  I like that Diesel does make sure Stephanie does have a tree at the end even if we do not know if it was stolen or not.  I would recomend this book to someone who would like to read a different book with a Christmas theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment