The challenge will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...
The rules are really simple...
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
Level 1 - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13-20
Level 4 - Read 21 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books.
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
2. Florist Grump (A Florist Shop Mystery #17) Seedy is on the cover and finds the murder weapon and has a significant part at the end of the book
3. Sweet Pepper Hero (Sweet Pepper Fire Brigade Mystery #4) Hero, a fire dog is on the cover and carries something that is important in the story.
4. Weekend Warriors by Fern Michaels. Kathryn's dog is always with her and even needs an alibi as much as she does.
5. Black Cat's Legacy by Elaine Faber. This book qualifies because it has a cat on the cover and Thumper (a Black Cat) is a main character in the book and his thoughts are told. The motel had a black cat for a long time, one appears soon after the one before dies. Thumper is the first other name one of the cats has been given.
6. Fat Cat Takes the Cake (A Fat Cat Mystery #3) by Janet Cantrell
7. Moss Hysteria (A Flower Shop Myster #18) by Kate Collins
8. Faux Paw (A Magical Cats Mystery #7) by Sofie Kelly
9. Ripped from the Pages (A Bibliophile Mystery#9) by Kate Carlisle
These all have animals on the cover and talk about the pets in the books.