Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Thursday, January 2, 2014
In it’s third year, the aim of The Eclectic Reader 2014 Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2014. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2014
Createa blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- elect, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2014 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Award Winning
- True Crime (Non Fiction):The Shoemaker (The Anatomy of a Psychotic) by Flora Rheta Schreiber
- Romantic Comedy
- Alternate History Fiction
- Graphic Novel
- Cosy Mystery Fiction: Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson
- Gothic Fiction
- War/Military Fiction
- Medical Thriller Fiction
- Travel (Non Fiction)
- Published in 2014: Pearls and Poison by Duffy Brown
If you need some ideas for what to read in the above categories I suggest you search Listopia at Goodreads for example click here for a list that includes Alternate History titles
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post. If you tweet use the tag #eclecticreader or @bookdout
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Monday, December 30, 2013
Reading Challenge Details:
Coupon Clipper: read 12 books
Penny Pincher: read 24 books
Buying in Bulk: read 36 books
Super Saver: read 50 books
Extreme Couponer: read 100+ books
I will try Coupon Clipper. I will set up a shelf on Goodreads for this.
To join go to:
To join go to:
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Thursday, December 26, 2013
The challenge is to read any book OR play with a musical based on it, and then watch and/or listen to that musical. Sounds fun, right? This is a pretty specific challenge, without an enormous selection, but hopefully it’ll still be lots of fun!
This doesn’t actually have a specific start or end time, unless it would be simpler to stick to January 2014 – December 2014. I’m not picky!
Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, fairy tales, and short stories all count.
I’m personally only going to be reading books of shows I have seen or have access to.
Each book DOES NOT count until you’ve seen/listened to the musical.
Ultimately, have fun exposing yourself to excellent literature and musical theatre!
Sign up is at: