Saturday, September 8, 2012

Jane Eyre



Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte was a free book obtained for my Kindle for PC.  I assume I may have read it for school but did not remember the story.  I was reading a review about a sequel and decided I should read the original book.

Jane Eyre was taken in by a relative and after he died, his wife sends her to a school for the poor.  She finishes school there and teachs for two years.  Jane then becomes the governess for Mr. Rochester.  She falls in love with him but leaves after she finds that he is married.  She winds up at Moor House and finds that the family that lives there is actually her cousins.  In fact,her male cousin wishes to marry her and take her to India with him.  But, Jane still loves Mr. Rochester and goes to find him.  She finds him and they marry and have a child and the story ends ten years after their marriage.

This book is my literary fiction book.  It is still a great story.  I would certainly recommend that even if you have read it in the past it is worth reading again.

1 comment:

  1. I love Jane Eyre. Its my favourite classic!

    Thanks for sharing your review

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd out

    ReplyDelete