Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Allergic to Death

Allergic to Death by Peg Cochran is about Gigi Fitzgerald and her company Gigi's Gourmet De-Lites.  Reg, the dog on the cover belonged to Martha Bernhardt who winds up dead from a peanut allergy after eating one of Gigi's meals.  The death is ruled accidental.  However, Gigi does not keep anything containing peanuts in her cottage. Winston Baernhardt, Martha's ex does not want the dog but, Gigi does.  Reg plays an important part in this book.  The dog helps find a clue and is very helpful at the end of the book in more ways than one.

I certainly think I would enjoy some of the meals described in this book.  Since, I attend performances of a small theater group, I do like the theater as a backdrop for many of the scenes.  I think any fan of cozy mysteries would love this book and would like me look forward to reading more about Gigi and her friends.

2 comments:

  1. I have this one waiting for me to review. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read a cozy mystery. I'll have to check this one out.

    Also, thank you for the amazing comment you left on my blog today. That made my whole day wonderful. Have a great night.
    -Elisa

    ReplyDelete